Applicants will receive a lump sum of 300 (or exceptionally up to 500 euros) to cover travel costs or costs related to their stay at another CIUTI member institution. If applicants wish to apply for more than the minimal amount of 300 euros, they are expected to argue why they need the additional subsidy (costly intercontinental travel, longer stay,…).
- The applicant is affiliated as a PhD student with a CIUTI member institution. The member institution has fulfilled its financial obligations with CIUTI (membership fee).
- The host university is a CIUTI member institution. The member institution has fulfilled its financial obligations with CIUTI (membership fee).
- The applicant is expected to use the application form.
- Both the PhD supervisor and one person qualified to supervise PhDs at the host institution support the application and sign the application form.
- The research stay lasts at least 1 month and takes place at an institution in another country than the applicant’s institution.
- The departure date should be later than the deadline for the PhD Travel Scheme but before 1 September 2019.
- CIUTI’s support is to be mentioned on publications resulting from the stay and in the acknowledgments of the PhD.
- Applications should be sent by email to the Secretary-General by December 15. No retroactive applications will be accepted (the date of departure should be later than December 15 2018).
- The Conseil will check the admissibility of the application and the Travel Scheme Committee will assess the applications. The Conseil will finally decide on successful applicants upon the advice of the Travel Scheme Committee.
- The following criteria will guide the assessment: quality of the PhD project, relevance of the stay for the PhD project, applicant’s proven research record (publications, presentations at conferences,…)
- Applicants will be notified of the Conseil’s decision by the end of January 2019 at the latest.
- The Conseil takes no responsibility for applicants who are already at the host institution but are denied a CIUTI Travel Scheme.
- Beneficiaries inform the Secretary-General of their arrival. A member of the Conseil will check with the host institution whether the applicant has arrived. If this is the case, 300 euros will be granted as a lump sum to the applicants whose application was approved by the Conseil.
- Beneficiaries are expected to write a short report on their stay, which can be used as a testimonial on the website.