Schedule for admission process
If this schedule is followed, the admission procedure can be completed in one year:
- 30 April: Deadline for applications
- 15 July: Deadline for response to applications by the CIUTI Admission Commission
- 30 November: Deadline for submission of SAR
- January-March: Visits by experts to applicant institutions. Expert reports to be submitted at the latest 5 weeks after the visit
- May: Admission Commission report presented at CIUTI General Assembly and voting by General Assembly
These dates are maximum deadlines. Earlier submission will lead to earlier processing by the CIUTI Admission Commission.
(1) An institute presents its candidacy by submitting, via e‑mail, the application form which can be downloaded here. The candidacy is then screened on compliance with the formal criteria laid down in the CIUTI profile. Successful candidates will be invited to the second stage.
(2) Candidates admitted to the second stage have to pay an administrative admission fee of 250 EUR. The candidate will be invited to draw up a Self-Assessment Report according to CIUTI guidelines. This SAR must be submitted to the Secretary General in electronic form (via mail attachment). It will be forwarded to the members of the CIUTI Admission Commission and used as the basis for judgment. Candidates whose SAR receives a positive judgment will proceed to the third stage.
(3) In the third stage, candidates will be visited by two CIUTI experts who will proceed with an on-site evaluation of teaching, research, and facilities, and will attempt to resolve any outstanding questions raised by the Admission Commission. The expenses involved in the 3‑day visit (travel, meals, hotel accommodation) are to be covered by the candidate. The Admission Commission makes its final judgment on the basis of the report of the experts, and presents successful candidates to the Annual General Assembly of CIUTI for approval.
(4) The final stage is the decision of admittance or non-admittance by the annual CIUTI General Assembly.