PhD Award Winner: Dr. Joke Daems (Universiteit Gent). A Translation Robot for Each Translator? A Comparative Study of Manual Translation and Post-editing of Machine Translations: Process, Quality and Translator Attitude
- Dr. Alexander Behrens (Universität Leipzig). Localizability of User-Interface Strings. A Translator’s View on Software Internationalization
and Localization, based on the directions of translation English-German and English-
- Dr. Lee Williamson Houston (Edinburgh University). The social relevance of research to practice: A study of the impact of academic research in subtitling on professional subtitling practitioners in Europe
PhD Award winner: Dr Carla Quinci (University of Trieste). Translators in the Making: An Empirical Longitudinal Study on Translation Competence and its Development.
- Dr Catherine Anne Sell (Monash University). Translation in Japanese Museums: A Study of Multimodal Linguistic Landscapes.
- Dr Matilde Nisbeth Jensen (Aarhus University). Translators of Patient Information Leaflets: Translation experts or expert translators? A mixed methods study of lay-friendliness.
- First Prize: Eugenia Dal Fovo (University of Trieste). Simultaneous Interpreting on Television: The Case of the Question/Answer Group in the 2004 Presidential Debathon.
- Second Prize: Iris Schrijver (University of Antwerp). The Translator as a Text Producer: The effects of writing training on transediting and translation performance.
- Third Prize: Mohamed Zain Sulaiman (Monash University). Translating Tourism. A Cultural Journey Across Conceptual Spaces.