PhD Award Winner: Dr. Rhona Amos (Université de Genève): Prediction in Interpreting
- Dr. Sixin Liao (Macquarie University): The Impact of Visual and Auditory Information on Subtitle Processing: An Eye-Tracking Study
- Dr. Elizaveta Vasserman (University of Leeds): Andrei Fedorov’s Theory of Translation and Its Place in the History of Translation Studies
PhD Award Winner: Dr. Natalia Rodríguez Vicente (Heriot-Watt University): Dialogue Interpreting in Psychological Medicine: An Exploration of Rapport Management Practices
- Dr. Dariusz Koźbiał (University of Warsaw): Translation of Judgments: A Corpus Study of the Textual fit of EU to Polish Judgments
- Dr. Rui Li (Shanghai International Studies University): Enacting Authentic Collaborative Learning through Internship Translation Projects in Translator Education: An Ethnographic Case Study
PhD Award Winner: Dr. Eloisa Monteoliva-Garcia (Heriot-Watt University): The collaborative construction of the stand-by mode of interpreting in police interviews with suspects
- Dr. Marie-Hélène Girard (Université de Genève): Expression, traduction et interprétation du droit pénal international: état des lieux et analyse du cas de génocide [Expression, Translation and Interpretation of International Criminal Law: Overview and Analysis of the Genocide Case]
- Dr. Jack Mc Martin (KU Leuven Campus Brussel): Boek to Book: Flanders in the Transnational Literary Field
PhD Award Winner: Dr. María del Mar Haro Soler (Universidad de Granada). Translation students’ self-efficacy beliefs: an X ray of their development
- Dr. Carmen Cedillo Corrochano (Universidad de Alcalá): La presencia mediática de la traducción e interpretación en los Servicios Públicos a través del análisis del discurso en la Red [The media coverage of public service interpreting and translation through the analysis of online discourse]
- Dr. Valeria Illuminati (Università degli Studi di Bologna, Campus Forlì): Traduzione per l’infanzia e questioni di genere: viaggio tra i classici francesi e inglesi tradotti in italiano [Translating for children and gender issues: A voyage through French and English classics translated into Italian]
PhD Award Winner: Dr. Lintao Qi (Monash University). Texts, paratexts, and contexts: A comparative study of English translations of the classic Chinese Novel Jin Ping Mei
- Dr. Kristine Bundgaard (Aarhus University): (Post-)Editing — A workplace study of translator-computer interaction at TextMinded Danmark A/S
- Dr. Wendy Fox (Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz): Can integrated titles improve the viewing experience? – Investigating the impact of subtitling on the reception and enjoyment of film using eye tracking and questionnaire data
PhD Award Winner: Dr. Joke Daems (Universiteit Gent). A Translation Robot for Each Translator? A Comparative Study of Manual Translation and Post-editing of Machine Translations: Process, Quality and Translator Attitude
- Dr. Alexander Behrens (Universität Leipzig). Localizability of User-Interface Strings. A Translator’s View on Software Internationalization and Localization, based on the directions of translation English-German and English-
- Dr. Lee Williamson Houston (Heriot-Watt University). The social relevance of research to practice: A study of the impact of academic research in subtitling on professional subtitling practitioners in Europe
PhD Award winner: Dr Carla Quinci (University of Trieste). Translators in the Making: An Empirical Longitudinal Study on Translation Competence and its Development.
- Dr Catherine Anne Sell (Monash University). Translation in Japanese Museums: A Study of Multimodal Linguistic Landscapes.
- Dr Matilde Nisbeth Jensen (Aarhus University). Translators of Patient Information Leaflets: Translation experts or expert translators? A mixed methods study of lay-friendliness.
- First Prize: Eugenia Dal Fovo (University of Trieste). Simultaneous Interpreting on Television: The Case of the Question/Answer Group in the 2004 Presidential Debathon.
- Second Prize: Iris Schrijver (University of Antwerp). The Translator as a Text Producer: The effects of writing training on transediting and translation performance.
- Third Prize: Mohamed Zain Sulaiman (Monash University). Translating Tourism. A Cultural Journey Across Conceptual Spaces.